THE YURT | 02

7/29/2014


Here is the second and final round of images from our stay at the yurt in June. These are all from around the homestead, as we stayed close and relaxed our last couple days there. 

Oliver and I went for a bike ride in the "neighborhood" and checked out all the plots and cabins for sale. We saw a badger for a split second on the side of the road, which was very startling, but so neat! I felt guilty, but I just had to pick some of these gorgeous flowers to put in the kitchen and enjoy for the rest of our stay. I've decided to make this a tradition every time we go up there.

The last few pictures are by the Huron River that runs next to the yurt. The river was high from a heavy rain the day before, so we weren't able to hike along it. We were wishing that we had some kayaks to run the river up to Lake Superior though. Hopefully, we can do that sometime soon. 

I love this place. There is always something to do and see that takes me out of my comfort zone and reminds me how much I need to be out in nature. When I consider the heavens and the work of God's fingers, I see this. 

We are hoping to visit again in autumn. Until then, I have lots of video footage to edit and post for you all! 


Psalm 8
Lord, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Latest Pins